Wednesday 28 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butters - The Swatch Post


Regular readers/viewers will know how much I was dying to get my hands on the Revlon Lip Butters. I bought the L'Oreal Caresse to put me on (comparison to come) but they are finally here in the UK and although they aren't entirely what i was expecting they did not disappoint.


I picked up 3 shades in America and another when out shopping today - you can't have an uneven number of anything, right? I believe only one from my collection is a US exclusive and that's Red Velvet. I'm pleased (for us brits) to say it's not my favourite though. I've been wearing a lot of pink lately and Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart both appealed as daytime pastels. Lollipop, however will almost certainly be relegated to nights out for me. They all delivered so much more colour pay off than I had anticipated. I expected them to be a sheer wash more like a tinted balm. The buttery name just suggested balm to me... am I the only one? Well they are bone-fide lipsticks my friends so if that's not your thing I suggest you look elsewhere.  There are of course the bolder and more tame within the range but for the most part the pigmentation is strong but the formula feel moisturising and I like it. That's obviously what Revlon were inferring and I missed entirely.

For a full shade list outlining the UK/US availability click here


Although they are not tinted balms longevity wise they act like them so don't hold your breath for kiss proof colour here. You will be reapplying within 2 hours (maximum) and you will need to be checking for smudges with the brighter shades throughout the day. That being said I think I will still get a lot of wear out of these and potentially add to my collection. They feel nourishing and no matter what time of year my lips appreciate some love.

So.. the moment of truth, which is the winner? Why Lollipop of course! It's the first one I tried on and I fell in love instantly.  A beautiful, bright, glossy fuchsia that I just know will be my summer staple.


I know most of you will own at least one of these by now so.. what's your favourite?

Revlon Lip Butters can be purchased from Boots (link) for £7.99
*currently part of the 3 for 2 offer*

Miss BB

13 comments:

  1. Lollipop all the way. Im having a mare finding obe of these locally and am far too stubborn to order online. I will wait till they find me.
    their so perfect for summer!

    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lollipop is my fave and it's the only one I have so I think the other's have a hard act to follow. I got mine within 2 weeks of the launch in the US from a US Ebayer. I'm pleased to say I have 4 more coming from a friend in the UK as well as the Maybelline Eye Tattoos and the MUA BB Cream :) If your in Australia or NZ you'll find the release of Revlon Lip Butters April 2012 but I'm not sure about the Maybelline Eye Tattoos or the L'Oreal Careese lipsticks.

    Karen
    www.balmainbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Lollipop, gumdrop is also lovely. On me it's more of a pinky-purple than a lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have four of these - Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart, Macaroon and Peach Parfait.

    My favourite is either Berry Smoothie or Macaroon... not sure yet having only worn each one just the once.

    I like them but I'm not sure they live up to the hype they were given - they are not quite as fantastic as they were made out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Lollypop and Sweet Tart, I like that they are more pigmented than I thought they would be x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was of the same thinking as you, that they were balms not lipsticks! but I still need to own a few i like the look of lollypop and strawberry shortcake! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love strawberry shortcake its the only one I have. They are not what I expected them to be either which is why I didn't purchase anymore. If you ever want to to a makeup swap check out my blog and get to know me =) u never know what is going to come out next here in the US and I always like trying different things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh right velvet! my FAVORITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the second one, looks yummy! the shade you have on looks yummy too

    blog.yipiii.co.uk/fashion/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving lollypop, it looks fab with your skin tone! :-)

    Harriet
    http://ourlifebabydiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sweet tart! Everywhere I went was out of stock so need to pick up some more soon!
    Sleepeatbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lollipop is my current fave! I'm struggling with it bleeding though, did you use a lip liner? I thought they would be much more of a balm too with the name!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Cupcake but now I want Strawberry Shortcake soooooooo bad! Great swatches x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...