Saturday 10 March 2012

Current Haircare


It's been a while since I did a post on haircare so I thought it was about time I update those of you that don't watch my videos and missed my recent ramble on the subject (I will link it at the bottom of the page for those interested). My shampoo and conditioner has been the same now since I think October time and I've only just had to repurchase a bottle of each. I never genuinely thought that it made a difference what shampoo you used, conditioner, yes but not shampoo. Aussie changed that, the Miracle Moist range is just fantastic. I try not to wash my hair more than twice a week so as not to lose the natural oils it needs to stay healthy but every time I do I use this and I think it's really helped the condition improve. 


Every other was I use an intensive masque. If my hair is particularly dry I will add a deep treatment to the ends of my hair over the top of my regular Miracle Moist conditioner. Both the 3 Minute Miracle and the Macadamia Deep Repair work well for me but if I had to choose the Macadamia would win. I hate that as it's so much more expensive but it's super moisturising and it really helps to smooth and control frizz.


Talking of smoothing.. Oils! I recently repurchase the 125ml bottle of Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment as well as a 100ml bottle of the Moroccan Oil. After using each for a few months now I would say I prefer the Macadamia in wet hair as a leave in treatment and the Moroccan for styling and smoothing fly aways. Both are great but the Moroccan is heavier and easy to accidentally over-use and look greasy where as the Macadamia is lighter and more like a serum so it's my oil of choice. 


Lastly I've only recently really started using heat protectant. I know that's very naughty of me but I just didn't do it. These are the the ones I'm using at the moment. The Aussie isn't the best because it squirts a concentrated stream of liquid which saturates one spot of hair whereas the Trevor Sorbie gives a wider mist. Either way I tend to spray them on my brush and run that through my hair so as to avoid weighing my hair down with unnecessary excess of products.



So that's everything I'm using right now. I recently tried a few things from the new Mark Hill range at Boots and you can expect to see a mini review of that soon. I only used the shampoo and conditioner once and it's definitely not going to make it in my regular rotation. I'm an official Aussie convert and Macadamia Oil products do wonderful things for dry, damaged hair so if you're looking to improve the condition of yours I would strongly recommend you give them a go!

Miss BB

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I tried Aussi shampoo and conditioner when I was younger but I've cometely forgot what it was like. I've now heard so many great things about them that I'll definitely be giving them a try! :)

    Julianne
    http://www.julzobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Aussie for a while last year but switched to the Body Shop as it contains no parabens, sulfates or other crap haha! BTW just seen your little marriage counter - 42 WOW time flies! congrats xxx

    http://beautifully-ever-after.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I adore the Moroccan Oil I have just bleached my hair from deep red to white blonde and Moroccan Oil has been my hairs first aid repair :) It has been amazing, I also brought Macadamia Healing Oil on BuyaPowa this week to try so I'm so excited to give that a go and see if it is just as good or better than the Moroccan oil. xxxx
    http://neonpinkrubberduck.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sort of want to try the Macadamia oil, but I've been using baby oil for the last few week which has been working really well in my fine/thin hair. I'm afraid to spend so much on a product which I might not be able to use ;)
    http://indigo-optimist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post i tried the aussie 3 minute one when i was younger but i think it left my hair feeling weighed down i might have to try it again. i use a body shop deep conditioner which i really like

    http://princesstinks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can get a something exactly like Aussie from Wilkinsons I've forgotten the name but its reallllly good and only £1.49 a bottle. I really really like it you'll know the ones cos theyre in a bottle very similar to Aussie :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great products. My hair is usually dry too. Love using Aussie products. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using the Aussie Miracle Mist at the moment; Love Herbal Essences intensive treatments for when my hair's dry.
    x~x

    http://elicomplexchaos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...