Thursday 8 March 2012

Bikini Bootcamp - Weigh in #5

This week I won't be sharing the scales as they read 1 lb heavier than they did last week. I'm surprised it's not more in truth as I've totally pigged out and done less exercise than ever but I'm not big on gaining weight quickly I just struggle to lose it once it's there. So.. instead of false promises to myself I thought I would dedicate this post to my past self. I looked through some old photos and picked out some body shots that I think represent my changing shape and will hopefully help me come to terms with my problem areas once and for all. The body I have will be mine forever, I want to learn to love it. 


As a kid I was what some considered abnormally slim. When I went to secondary school (age 11) I was 4st 12lb and my Mum was quizzed by friends as to whether I was eating enough.


I assure you I was it's just how I grew. I've never had a problem with food and never focused on weight or dieting so I ate what I wanted and my body tended to grow out (puppy fat) and then up so I would be a but chunky for a while and then have a growth spurt and look leaner again.


I think I was about 14 in this photo and at the time.. I though this looked good! Nothing about this outfit is flattering to my figure and you can already see my problem tummy developing.


This photo is from Florida whenI was 17. I was pretty body confident at this stage. I always felt flat chested compared to other girls but I'd learned to live with that by this point.


I couldn't find any photos where I wasn't wearing something really baggy in the interim years.. I stopped taking photos so there weren't so many to choose from. This photo is from my first trip to Vegas when I was 23. I had been to the gym in the rub up but have never been very hardworking on the old treadmill so I was just naturally slim. Ella was 3 at this time. 


Actually.. these photos were from the previous year, my one and only girlie holiday.. to Paris. Again you can see I have a bulging middle but this is around the time I discovered waist belts and wore everything high in an attempt to hide my tummy.


Although this isn't a body shot I strive to look this slim again. My face and arms seem to have gotten bigger and I'm not sure if it's since Milo or before but I'd rather look like this again.


Ok lets ignore the odd position I'm in for the moment (I was sunbathing on my lunch hour.. as you do) I was 24 here and I know it's a lot about angles but my arms look slim and my tummy looks flat. I was actually going through a divorce around this time and not eating a lot. I discovered I could survive on red Bull and a few Hoola Hoops.. I couldn't do that now.


Last but not least yes this is out of order as it's again from my Vegas trip but it's my ultimate personal goal. I know I was sucking my tummy in and it had been years since I was pregnant but I want to look like this again. My legs have always been slender but now even they are not my best attribute. I don't aspire to look like a supermodel or an unattainable celebrity icon.. I just want to look like the best version of me and this is it! I'm looking forward to out holiday which is NEXT WEEK (eek) but have pretty much given up the diet altogether at this point so I'm nervous to see what I look like in a bikini. I will share a photo either way and hopefully it won't be too embarrassing.

I will weigh in one last time next week.. I'm secretly hoping for some terrible stomach bug to strike my down in the next day or two.. that would help!

Miss BB

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You look amazing in those pics at caesars palace! I wished my photos I took last year in that pool looked the same! This has given me some motivation at least.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have but also makes feel fat right now lol

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THESE PICS you shared with us!i looove that photo of you with'sunbathing at lunch hour'haha!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look gorgeous in all of the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic in all of those photos! I don't think you have a bulging tummy lol! I carry weight around my middle though as well, and I think it might have something to do with being petite! I'm small framed and 5'3" which isn't THAT short, but still any extra weight just looks awkward on me haha. It's cool you're looking to be the best version of YOU and not someone else :) good luck, enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey khila for what its worth, you look great in all your pics and i cant see that your arms, face look bigger since milo so dont be to hard on yourself. What it is, like the lady above said at 5'3 which is my height too btw, any extra weight will show i know cos i feel the same. Ive lost a massive 22lb since last yr but tbh, i wasnt MASSIVE But i do feel betternow and would like to hit 9 st 7 then ill be happy but to be honest not weighted that for a few yrs, i hope i can achieve it in the next few wks its do able i guess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was meant to read i didnt look massive btw i just felt it lol

      Delete
    2. And my weight now is 9 11

      Delete
  6. in the 'rub up', amazing that's really made me chuckle!! You're amazing anyway! x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I think you look great in all the photos and the ones since you had Milo. Just think I couldn't even dream of wearing a bikini as I've never been under a size 16! You should go on holiday and feel good about what you've got don't focus on it. The people that matter (like Lee) don't care and think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you will look great in a bikini! There is nothing wrong with your figure it is beautiful! You need to work on your body confidence, not your weight. Hope you enjoy the holiday :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...