Thursday 9 February 2012

Bikini Bootcamp - Weigh In #1


And so it begins!
I had a great response to my tester post yesterday so I will continue posting on weight loss and fitness in the lead up to our honeymoon! I am going to take the before bikini pictures tonight all being well but wont post them until I have an after to post alongside them.. just seems unnecessarily humiliating otherwise! I got lots of great tips from those of you that commented on yesterdays post two of which I will be using myself. The first is...
 

My Fitness Pal! 

I downloaded this from the app store this morning and it's really fascinating to see how many calories are in the foods I eat every day. It suggests 2lb a week weight loss but we all know I want better results than that so naughty as it is I will be trying to stick to 1000 calories rather than the 1200 I'm advised to (just for the next month, then I will be good, promise). I'm starting each day will a bowl of special k, then lunch around 12 and I will attempt dinner for around 5.30. I know ordinarily I eat too late and skip meals throughout the day which slows metabolism and leads to snacking on sugary things so first things first I need to change my eating routine! Secondly.. more water! We all know that's important but there was a time that I wouldn't drink anything all day if we had no full fat coke so that alone is a huge habit to break. I'm allowing myself sweet things here and there but I'm not the biggest sweet tooth.. more a snacker so that's my biggest hurdle.

The next tip I'm taking is..


Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

I'd never even heard of this but having read the reviews and seen the before and after bloggers I couldn't sign up quick enough! I downloaded the 3 work outs from itunes as I'm super impatient and will let you know how I get on! That everyday plus twice weekly Zumba sessions have GOT to help, right?
So that's it.. my next post will likely consist of meal plans and a look at my shake weight which has been sitting gathering dust since I bought it 3 months ago.
Any of you doing a similar thing leave me your links below!

Miss BB

14 comments:

  1. I started the 30 day shred last week,it's very intense but great! I think it's great that each level is 20 mins long,so easy to fit in especially as I have a 3yr old! I have already seen results and can't wait to see the end result!

    Good luck
    Ashlie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've already seen results? that's awesome! I'm totally going to keep it up

      Delete
    2. Definitely! At the time you think your guna die but afterwards you feel great! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck. One tip I'd give with the 30 Day Shred is, unless you're pretty fit already, don't go too crazy on the first day! I was guilty of being a bit too enthusiastic and couldn't walk downstairs for 3 days without wincing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha wish I'd read that this morning! I did it twice today lol. I've been doing zumba twice a week and regular walks so fingers crossed I wont suffer TOO badly

      Delete
  3. Ugh I have the 30 day shred. All I could say during it was "Jillian is a bitch". I managed 10 days, moved onto Level 2 did one day of Level 2 and gave up. I couldn't even do half the things! But I am terminally unfit so its no wonder I hated it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're totaly right she kicked my butt on level 1, I've read that level 2 is harder than level 3 but I intend to move up after 10 days too.. might give it a go tomorrow and see how bad it really is lol

      Delete
  4. I use my fitness pal too! It makes everything so much easier. Good luck on your weight loss :)

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your challenge :D But just wanted to say,I saw somthing on TV about the worst cereals around and Special K was one of them! May have low Calorie but has barely any fibre and other good stuff :( I would suggest Bran + fresh fruit, but as always, its is your choice :D Good Luck again xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you still zumba-ering lol. I do it twice a week and it knackers me out. I love your blog and you tube channel I've been following you for a while, and you by far one of the best ones out there. I feel like you relate to most people and you give great reviews, tutorials and vlogs. I've just started mine own blog any tips ????
    Carry on the great work, and you have a lovely family - milo shall break a few hearts when hes older lol

    http://elefont-at.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! yes I'm still zumba-ing, fun fun fun!! and my only advice is, good pictures and clear layout.. That's what draws people back. I can't advise on content because I'm really personal in my posts but not everyone wants to be!

      Delete
  7. i've been meaning to look into the 30 day shred too. can't wait to hear your experiences!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started 30 day shred last year and within a few days I found my fitness levels had increased a lot, I could do most the workout right through. I lasted 17 days in a row before I fell off the wagon. I seen really good results in that 17 days. My arms and legs were much more toned and my jelly belly was starting to flatten out. I'm in the process of moving into a house and once i'm in, i'm making a point of starting again. This time I can use the "my neighbours will get mad" excuse!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...