Sunday 4 December 2011

Cleaning Out My Closet


My closet has gone neglected for too long now, action must be taken!
I threw in the shot of my shoes for a little balance (not EVERYTHING is a total mess) but the rest of it is just a nightmare. I have more clothes than I know what to do with and I need to be ruthless. The worst thing is only a couple of months ago I had a big clear out and threw away tons of ridiculously small items I've been holding on to for 10years and my closet seems no better off. I started off today but it's a pretty big task. I've already made a HUGE pile of things to send to the charity bin but I'm not done yet. I will try and get the finished post up tomorrow and will perhaps film a closet tour while I'm at it. 
Shamefully what you see above is actually all secondary storage.. my main wardrobe space is this...


That's what I'm really not looking forward to tackling but it must be done! 
I tend to keep my "current" wardrobe in there and then split my seasonal/rarely worn items in the other closets but believe it or not I'm running out of space even with the bags of stuff I'm getting rid of. No wonder it all gets in such a state. When your clothes are in such disarray it's impossible to shop smart. You end up buying things you already own or lots of things that just don't go together - which is absolutely my problem. I love my basics but outside of that I have huge gaps in my wardrobe that I never fill because I have no idea what I actually have. I'm constantly buying plain tshirts for example (which I have in abundance) but rarely buy cardigans to layer over them so the ones I do have are falling apart from continuous wear and soon enough I'll have none fit to wear at all. Fingers crossed I can get myself organised enough to offer you guys some storage solutions and purging tips.

If all goes well it could be the start of a new style series. New Year seems like a good time for something like that, what do you think?

How do you organise your closet space?

Miss BB

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I don't know how you can do it. I literally bought a new double wardrobe, so that I didn't have to chuck everything out hahaha.
    I have 2 wardrobes and a chest of drawers in my parents house, and 2 wardrobes and chest of drawers in my halls bedroom too. And I still don't have enough space for all my clothes!

    Good luck!!

    - Allie x

    Allie UK Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a huge clear out last year, and donated loads of clothes to charity. But I seem to have accumulated more rubbish again lol. I think I will take a leaf outta your book, and get on the tidying closet wagon; new year, new beginnings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cleaning out my wardrobe, I'm such a hoarder haha. I love those three pairs of platform heels you have!

    Frances
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one rubbish wardrobe with broken drawers below and a chest of drawers for my clothes. I do have regular clear-outs and manage to keep everything quite organised, but I do have to switch up my clothes twice a year. At the moment, all my summer clothes are stored in vacuum packed bags under my bed as there's simply not the space to have them all in one place! My friends have an amazing enormous walk-in wardrobe in their flat - I would love something like that. They keep it in a complete state - I'd have it perfectly organised if I had one! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...