Friday 7 October 2011

Fashionista Shadow Swatches

 You may have seen my original post about this range but if not you can find it here
I was waiting to see it in one of my local stores rather than order online. There aren't that many posts online about this brand yet so I had no swatches to go by.. I needed to see for myself. First of all I want to mention the awesome deal that is a quad palette. When I first looked into it I saw that each shadow was £4 and the palette was £5 but what I didn't see was if you bought a full quad you paid only £12!!! Bargain!!!
I was always going to buy 4 and the palette but this was I saved £9! It's practically 5 for 3.
I don't know if this will be the permanent offer but just in case I intend to go back for more over the coming weeks. My first impressions are that much like W7 and MUA the shadows are hit and miss. The metallic/shimmery shades are best as you'd expect, there are some with glitter fall out that aren't so great but I can tell you the few matte shadows there are are pretty good. I didn't immediately need any of the blushers so I stuck to shadows this time but I swatched some and they seemed ok. You never really know til you try them out of course but I wouldn't rule them out in future. As usual I plumped for a neutral selection first. I would love to buy a few palettes and fill them with a range of colours but given that I've just left work I'm not in the ideal financial position to do that right now even at £12 a go.
 Clockwise - Nude Glimmer, Bella, Black Out, Berry Brown
L-R Nude Glimmer, Berry Brown, Black Out, Bella

Nude Glimmer and Bella come across as similar I know but Bella is really sheer and packed with fine glitter where are Nude Glimmer is a really dense, highly pigmented formula. Berry Brown is much the same and Black Out is a matte black. As with most brands the matte black is the most difficult shade of the bunch but I thought I'd give it a go, It's not the worst I've tried but it's nothing special. I will do a look with this palette soon.. I'm looking forward to layering Bella over some of my other shadows to give some extra sparkle.

Here's my Fashionista review video...

Have you tried anything from the Fashionista Brand yet?
Everything seemed good value for money size-wise so I will be trying more of it for sure


5 comments:

  1. ive not tried anything from the brand, i havent even seen them in a shop yet but will be browsing when i do :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superdrugs near me are pants they still don't stock mua pro or much of the original line for that matter so I doubt they will get these :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried anything from this brand, but £12 for a palette full of eyeshadows does seem like a good deal. This is definitely one that needs to be tried in a shop rather than ordered online from the look of these swatches, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really hope this is a permanent offer - I plan to visit London mid-December and this looks gorgeous!

    Great colour range as well! Thanks for the review. :)
    Greetings from Austria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering how good these would be for a professional. I like the look and would be interested in the blushers the colour range looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...