Monday 4 June 2012

Unisex Cologne?... I'm Interested!


As you can probably imagine I receive a fair few emails regarding product launches, I see a lot of those products pop up on blogs I read and much as I love them I don't want to bombard you with the same reviews you will no doubt see a hundred times over that week. With that in mind when I saw that L'Occitane were launching 3 new colognes, one of which was unisex I couldn't not review it! 

I'm not really a floral's kinda gal, I like a sweet and fruity scent but right now everything seems to be pink and petaly and while I'm positive there's a large market for that kind of thing.. I'm not really it. I thought the recent Peony range from L'Occitane was lovely but it's just not really me. The new Eau de Cologne range is much more appealing, there's a female, a male and a unisex fragrance, each is available in 50 and 300ml sizes. I was sent the 300ml which was very generous but not so easy to dispense, I think the idea is to decant it in to your own bottle because it's not the kind of thing you're going to whip out every morning and risk spilling everywhere. The large bottle actually looks like it would be more at home behind a bar, when I got it out to show my Mum yesterday, not knowing what is was she thought I was going to take a swig.. not so much.


Having read the description of the 3 scents online I asked to sample the Universelle as it sounded like the one I'd like the most and let me tell you, it did not disappoint! Its fresh and citrusy, perfect for summer and the bergamot is so energising. I remember having a bergamot body spray from the body shop years ago and it had much the same effect.. great for those mornings when you need a little extra get up and go. For me it's the nicest fragrance I've tried in months and the unisex aspect is just a bonus. I have on occasion reached for my husbands Hugo Boss over my own perfume and generally prefer male scents and while this is not in any way manly it's got a masculine edge compared to the currently popular girly girl florals.

Lee said it reminded him of CK One which is probably accurate as there are few fragrant notes that can work for both sexes I suppose but this is a fresh take all of it's own.

The 50ml is £21.00 and the 300ml is £37.00 here
Although the larger size is awkward it's much better value for money and absolutely worth investing in an atomiser of some sort as I plan to.

 Miss BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...