Friday 15 June 2012

L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze


Over the past few weeks I’ve been trialling the many fake tan products I have in my cupboard and will be sharing them all individually this month before hitting you with a monster tan post where I unveil my top picks, hopefully in time for some nicer weather.
Application

The Sublime Bronze range from L'Oreal is vast and I've tried other formulas but this is my favourite. It's a 'quick dry' gel, you can buy a tinted version which is easier to see where you've been but this is the regular one. I use a tanning mit and smooth it all over in sections using whatever is left on the mit to do my face. It's not exactly quick dry but it's tacky after 5 minutes and I'd say after 15/20 it's 100% dry which might not sound amazing but if you've used a lot of fake tans you'll know that's pretty impressive for a non-mousse formulation.
Colour

it's a touch warm for my liking. I wouldn't say it was orange but it's not the most natural tan I've used, however, I get a great even, streak free coverage every time and it might be the only tan I've tried that doesn't look a bit dodgy on my hands and feet so in that respect it's very natural, I think the colour issue is more because I'm so pale.


Longevity
I'd say I get 2 or 3 days of full tan out of this before it starts to break down.

Wear
This is one of the tans that you need to exfoliate to make sure it wears off evenly. If left to its own devices it will cling to dry patches and wear off unevenly so scrub and moisturise daily!

Scent
The fake tan smell is strong with this one (ooh that was a bit Star Wars, wasn't it?) The morning after application I make sure to wash all over 2 or 3 times and then again that evening and it seems to sort it but you're not going to want to apply this the day of an event.


Summary
Overall it's one of the best self tanners you can buy from the drugstore in my opinion. You can buy super expensive formula's and still suffer the same cons without the pro's of the streak free, non-drying gel.

Would I Repurchase?
Yes, this was my go to self tan a few years ago, before I discovered St Tropez and revisiting it now I don't know why I ever stopped using it. It's a relatively quick drying formula which means you can go to bed without feeling sticky and uncomfortable and I can rely on it to give me the same results every application.

Available for £9.65 here


Miss BB

NOTE:
From 1st July my blog will redirect to missbudgetbeauty.co.uk 
This is no longer a blogger blog therefor GFC will no longer pick up my posts.
To stay up to date you can follow me via blog lovin' or hello cotton
Any comments you leave on this blog won't be transferred so please go across and leave them on the new site where I can now respond more easily :)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the sound of this gel forumla! Thanks for the review, it looks great on you! Not too warm at all x

    maskedbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my go-to swell.. Love the gel formula!

    Fran
    butterflyshorts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with a lot of tans as I'm naturally pretty pale. Even gradual tanners for light skin always go too warm for my liking :( Looks like a great finish though. I wouldn't be able to tell you'd tanned :) x

    beautyimaginarium.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. blink.pout.glow16 June 2012 at 10:28

    this is my favourite fake tan ranges but i find the tinted one works better on my pale skin as it's more brown than orange! looks lovely though :) xx

    www.blinkpoutglow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...