Thursday, 17 May 2012

Soap & Glory Hot Cloth Cleanser - Skincare Week


Of everything Soap & Glory has to offer on the facial skincare market right now this has to be the one thing that is recommended to me most. As a result it's the product I was most interested to try. You've all heard of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, it's a blogger favourite and everyone out there is looking to find a drugstore alternative. So far I've tried two, this and the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser - you can read about that in my Cleansers 101 post here. I do like the Liz Earle but it's not readily available and I don't like to get my skin hooked on something I can't run out and buy when it's all used up. This is a great alternative but I'll run you through some of the differences.


As with it's beloved counterpart it has a certain herbal scent but I personally prefer this, it's a little fresher and well.. just more my kind of fragrance. The formula is very similar, a thick cream designed to remove makeup and cleanse your skin though I would say this is a little thinner in consistency and it's not designed for eye makeup removal - this was disappointing! It works well with the supplied muslin cloth as well as with my Clarisonic where as the Liz Earle is a touch thick so that was a bonus and hey, can we take a minute to look at the pink edges and S&G tag on said cloth? Little details!


Overall I think this is great! If you take your eye makeup off prior to cleansing then my only disappointment with this cleanser is moot. I prefer the thinner formula, the scent and even the packaging and let's not forget you can buy this at boots on your lunch hour.. oh and it's cheaper!


Soap & Glory's Hot Cloth Cleanser can be purchased online here
£10.00 for 100ml

I finally tried it, have you?

Miss BB

10 comments:

  1. still out of stock around my area... Just had a Hand food from S&G, my first ever S&G product ever! hoping to expand the collection too :)

    Dorothy x
    http://dorothyslittlewonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely reviewed :)

    I really love this cleanser. I had been using it with my sonicleanse with really good results until recently, it's such a good price and smells gorgeous. It's only just been pushed off the top spot as my daily cleanser by the Davines Authentic Moisturizing Balm for hair, face and body, which I received in a beauty box and have subsequently purchased. My skin absolutely loves it! Can use it as a conditioner for your hair as well. It is a bit more expensive though. I've also just bought the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm, which is more like an oil, although it changes to a creamy type texture if you mix it with water. I'm using this more sparingly as a deep cleanse/mask as its £34.00 for 100ml but I'm liking it so far :).

    I am doing a giveaway on my blog if you fancy it for a 250ml tub of Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Mask.

    http://ariendancer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/macadamia-deep-repair-hair-mask-review.html

    Arien xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Soap 1 Glory products. I should definitely try this one out!

    My Liz earl cleanser is almost empty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to stop reading your blog! I had no interest in Soap & Glory products before I read all your reviews and now I'm desperate to try all of these products!

    Sophie :)

    http://thesummerbeforelaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i use it around the eye area, and it doesnt really irritate my eyes much , and it does take mascara off like a dream !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this before I tried the liz Earl as like you said, it is harder to get hold of. After trying both I think I prefer the liz Earl purely because I noticed it made my skin glow which I didn't find the the S&G did. x

    http://selfconfesionssofabeautyaddict.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive just tried out the nspa version of this! Definitely going to see if I can get my hands on this :)


    http://lindsayfrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooooh this looks great! I have been desperado to find a good alternative to the infamous Liz Earle...

    Have you tried an oil cleanser? I am in love with the Origins Clean Energy at the minute <3

    http://beautybitchesbitsandbobs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice!
    PS: Does you already participated in the giveaway on my blog: http://www.beautybloglaura.com/2012/05/winactie-2-goodiebags-van-elf.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quick question, this cleanser or the peaches one? If you could only buy one which would you choose?
    Thanks
    Mousey xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...