Wednesday 4 April 2012

InkWear in Practice


You may remember I posted about InkWear a couple of weeks ago, introducing you to the brand and promising a follow up. I wanted to show you my step by step application. It's pretty self explanatory, my only tips would be to hold the tattoo very still while you're saturating the back and hold it for 2 or 3 minutes before uncovering. All of the instructions are on the back of course but I doubt you'll need them.


As you can see it's really quite simple. As easy as the gumball tattoos you remember but with cuter designs and a much wider catalogue available. As I mentioned in my previous post you can pick these up from InkWear.co.uk and prices start at £1.99.

I do really like the idea of the new age temporary tattoo but I do wish to stress that these are very much temporary! I wore no perfume/lotion the evening I applied this and by the time I got home less than 5 hours later I was starting to see wear, the next morning it was a mess. I'm not saying they're not worth a shot, I think they're great but manage your expectations. It's unlikely you're going to get more than a day or two's wear out of a temporary tattoo no matter where it's from. Placement does have a lot to do with it of course. If you compared one on a flat area - your back for example - which sees little movement with a tattoo placed on or near a joint - as seen here - you will find the tattoo near the join will wear quicker. It's just common sense. Don't expect more than a product can deliver and you wont be disappointed.

InkWear are currently holding a contest on their facebook page to win £30 worth of their tattoos, you can see more about that here.

Have any of you tried InkWear? I know some readers commented on my first post that they were interested in new temporary tattoos but how many of you have given them a go?

Miss BB

5 comments:

  1. I have used one before It lasted about a week and a half before it showed signs of wear haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea...I really fancy this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing. It looks just like a real tattoo only with no pain and no regret :) xx

    http://annieshomemadeheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so cute! Such a good idea for a night out.
    http://katieneedsajob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these are great! I've found that on the top of the foot they last forever, well at least on me. Next to a joint is a different story lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...