This is one of those things I'd always heard about but took ages to try and when I did I couldn't believe the results. I'm sure for a lot of you this will be like teaching you to suck eggs.. you've seen it all before, right? Well I would have thought so too as you're all so beauty minded but when I mentioned it in a recent video I had an overwhelming response to film a tutorial so of course, I did.
If this helps only one poor glitter lover it will have all been worth it!
What you'll need...
Acetone Nail Polish Remover
*acetone free works just not as quickly in my experience*
Cotton Wool Pads
- Cut your cotton wool pads into quarters and your tin foil into strips.. you'll need 10 of each.
- Saturate a cotton quarter and place it on your nail.
- Wrap your fingertip with foil - don't use too little foil and make sure it's properly covered.
- Cover all 10 fingers and leave for 5 minutes.
- To remove wiggle the foil and the cotton pad on your nail and pull the whole thing off, you should be left with a clean, glitter free nail.
The polish that I was wearing was Razzle Dazzle by Deborah Lippmann, I absolutely love this stuff but it's the worst to remove in my collection because the tiny glitter particles act like sand paper to my cotton pad. Nightmare! It was this polish that first drove me to trying this method and I still can't believe how effective it is. I know it's still time consuming but you feel a lot more productive wrapping your finger with foil than you do scrubbing away an entire pack of cotton pads for an hour. I reserve this removal for the more terminally difficult polishes.
It's easy peasy and I'd have thought you could follow this easy step by step but here's a very short video tutorial for you if you'd like to see it in practice...
Here's to many more glitter moments for us all!