Wednesday 18 April 2012

Gallery Wall

I've been completely obsessed with gallery walls for as long as can remember. As a kid my parents always had all of our school pictures on the wall and far from feeling the standard embarrassment as I grew older I loved them. They've since downsized to a selection of black and white old photos, all professionally framed to match (I'll get a picture at at the weekend) and it looks so much better. This week I've been trawling Google images for inspiration for my own picture wall...


Here's the space I have to fill, there are several annoying things about it already eg. the messy paint job and off centre clock but it just looks so plain. I'm in two minds as to whether or not to paint over the two 'feature walls' either side of the chimney breast to match the rest of the room but I worry it will look even more BLAH. It needs something and I think that something is a gallery wall!
I have my photos edited ready and have ordered these frames so hopefully I can get up in the next week. I also finally ordered the wooden letters I wanted, a big L and M and small M and E (us and the kids) but I'm not sure whether to stand them on the mantle or hang them amongst the pictures on the wall. How would you use this space?

Miss BB

5 comments:

  1. Have a look on pinterest Tiffany D has some good pins on gallery walls
    http://pinterest.com/tiffanydmakeup/useful-guides-tips/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If thats the wall your putting the photos on the wall may be small for the wodden letters. I say mantle piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id stand the letters on the mantle piece, suh a nice idea. I love gallery walls, or years Ive always thought that when I get my own house Ill have black and white pictures all the way up the stairs, liek the third picture you put up, its s classic and beautiful but really personal at the same time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you notice on the ebay frames you bought that they are selling them for £39.99 but in the description it says "Our Price £24.49 RRP £29.99" .... how rude!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first saw them for £50 then saw them at £25 and couldn't resist so cant believe they've jacked the price up £15 since yesterday.. very cheeky! £25 for 10 frames was a great deal!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...