Tuesday 7 February 2012

Miracle Matte! FACT!


I totally missed the buzz around this new launch.. was there one? I was wandering around Boots at the weekend and spied a big display.. couldn't resist! I haven't trialled many foundations in the past 6 months.. not since I started using BB cream but I'm on a roll now and after the Maybelline foam disappointed me I thought I'd give this a go. Matte is always what I'm aiming to be but I rarely achieve it, I suffer from an oily t-zone and the occasional dry patch so it's tough to find a foundation that suits my combination skin while leaving me shine free.. this ticks all the boxes!If you're looking for something mattifying but non-drying this might just be for you. I didn't even need a powder!

I was also really impressed by their shade range for us paler girls. It's not going to be great for anyone darker than "biscuit" which I know isn't ideal but I can so rarely find a shade pale enough and with 6 colours from the paler side of the spectrum I'm pleased!I think this colour match is better than my beloved NARS mont blanc which is HUGE and definitely has me considering other 17 foundations.


It does need blending well around creases/pores as it will be visible if not. You can see in the photo below.. this is AFTER blending, effort is required and that might not be for everyone!!
That's my one issue with this foundation.


It offers a medium coverage.. I wouldn't want to build on a matte finish. Once dry they don't blend well so if you want something heavy this isn't for you but amazingly this stuff stayed matte ALL DAY! In the house all day with central heating on, getting out with the pushchair to school... not a single sign of shine. I can't tell you how impressed I am. 


I picked mine up for the intro price of £4.99 (link)
But the RRP of £5.99 is so affordable for what has instantly become my new favourite matte foundation. The funny thing is I went in to Boots seriously considering treating myself the new Chanel Perfection Lumiere (£36 here) but they couldn't match me, ha!

Miss BB

13 comments:

  1. brillaint find. ive started to become really impressed with 17, i need to try mor eout as there polishes are nice and so are their mascaras. i saw this offer to, great price, im steer clear from matte but your recomendation will make me consider their other ones. it looks lovely on your khila. cant beleive no powder either! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, I think I will try this, if it's available in Brunei!

    http://exoticwaytoburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I have the same problems because I'm really pale with combination skin so I will give this a try now! Looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never seen a launch for this either! But I'll definitely be considering picking it up!x

    http://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this by chance on the day it came out, and I love it. It actually works! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might have to try this even though I have so many foundations to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely going to try this one out, I currently use Estee Lauder's doubloe wear foundation which is the best one I've come across in a long time however this 17 one would be ideal for the day to save on my more 'luxiourous' foundation for special occasions!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think this brand sells in the U.S but will look out for it. I need something that's affordable but has good coverage.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It makes your skin look flawless ans natural! Doubt theyl do my shade tho =\

    www.beautydose-ox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arghh! I just bought 3 X 17 items on the 3 for 2 deal today & very nearly bought this!! I went for the primer instead which gets 5stars on the boots reviews. My other 2 products were 2 mirror shine lipsticks which the advantage card spat £2 off any lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only saw one advert about this but I am definitely going to buy it next time I'm in Boots! So glad they have paler shades. Did you know 17 have a new product - BB Blemish Balm? Thought you might be interested since you love the Garnier BB Cream :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! £4.99!!! Thats a steal, defo going to check it out, but i doubt they have my colour...I have a yellow undertone. Looks great on you :)

    http://shazilicious.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fancy picking this up x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...