Sunday 12 February 2012

Liz Earle - Skin Tint


I received some samples of the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint with my last Cleanse & Polish purchase and it's not until today that I really felt inclined to try it out. I so rarely get a pale enough shade in a sample that I generally don't bother but as the folks at Liz Earle had been smart enough to include 3 shades I thought I'd give it a go and I have to say the Bare 01 for fair skin tones is a great match. Here's my before and after...


It gives about as much coverage as my Garnier BB cream, perhaps a touch more. It evens out my skin without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup but I still need additional concealer on redness and my under-eyes. The formula was unexpected, I thought it would go on creamy but it's thicker and quicker to dry than I'd imagined. Liz Earle cosmetics do appeal to me given the natural ingredients the brand are known for and that might be a big plus for some consumers, I'd definitely be inclined to try a more natural foundation if I was suffering from frequent breakouts or sensitive skin.


Overall The finish is nice and it has decent lasting power for a sheer face product but it's just not for me. It gives me the same effect that my BB cream does but the texture is distinctly foundation-like, not tinted moisturiser as I imagined it would be! If I'm wearing a full on foundation I like more coverage so this is not going to lead to a purchase but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good light coverage foundation.

Liz Earles Skin Tint in available for £21.00 here

Miss BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...