Monday 13 February 2012

I Have The Youth Code


When Loreal Youth Code came out last year (or was it the year before?) I wanted to try it immediately. It was originally marketed at late 20s to 30s early signs of ageing which is now officially me since I turned 26 so I figured I had to get it now. I don't know what I was waiting for, I guess I am so used to buying anti-acne that anti-ageing was a huge step in another direction but so far I have to say... I'm loving it!
Even the packaging looks expensive (very lancome) and for the drugstore, very impressive!


I only have the serum right now but if I continue to get along with it as well as I am right now this will definitely be a gateway purchase. I think I'm going to need to try the whole range. Obviously I can't comment on it's anti-ageing properties or how well it's performing in that area but I can tell you that my skin has never felt smoother. I did introduce a new cleanser at around the same time but it's creamy and I'm still using my Clarisonic so I don't think that's it. I really truly believe this has done something special. 

I use one pump for my entire face, I'm not sure if I could do without moisturiser but I haven't risked it yet. I've generally been applying my beloved Soap & Glory Wish Upon A Jar over the top but like I said.. that could soon be replaced by the matching night cream if it plays it's cards right. I used it this morning before I applied my makeup for this first time and even my BB cream seemed to glide on nicer than usual. It's so difficult to review a product that promises to prevent something you're not sure you're going to suffer from yet but looking at this as a standalone skincare item.. I'm hooked!


The product is normal a whopping £25.52 at Boots but I paid £15.52 as it's currently on offer. Much as I love it I'm not sure I'd be so quick to recommend it at the RRP. However.. from what I can gauge online it always seems to be discounted and other bloggers have remarked it's never actually sold at the full price so fingers crossed if this really is a HG skincare item I don't have to repurchase for 25 squid!

It's still on offer (as is the whole range) here
So if you are thinking of trying it I'd say now is as good a time as any. 

I will of course update you with my progress and how I'm liking it as the weeks/months go on but I feel already like this might just be true love in a bottle from the drugstore. 

Miss BB

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know that L'oreal is the same company that Lancome ;)All the ingredients are the same but price makes a huge difference ;)I was thinking about this range as well however need to wait until I will finish off what I use now.Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...