Friday 13 January 2012

Bargain Hunters


I actually bought these in November and can't believe it's taken me this long to post about them.. I will admit I'm yet to wear them (shameful I know) but I've wanted some for ages and when i saw the price I couldn't resist. The reason they were just £32 instead of a whopping £75 was because they are for KIDS! You may already be aware of this little gem but kids sizes in footwear go up to a 5 which for us lucky national averages is great news! Usually being a 5 means you never get the best deals in the sales, it's the most popular therefor generally sold out fastest but go browsing in the junior section and you might just find some full priced bargains! I bought these from Next (link here) and as far as I can tell the only difference between them and the adult versions is they have little reflective stickers on the back. Barely noticeable and nothing that would give them away as less than grown up appropriate. They came in the Hunter box with the Hunter bag (would be a fab gift) and they're available in a range of colours. I bought black because I thought I was more likely to wear them but the colourful versions are actually slightly cheaper at £30 (link here)
The one question that plagued me before they arrived was how tall they would be. I did my research and it seemed that the larger the size the taller the boot so they went up proportionally but I wasn't convinced. I am pleased to tell you, however, that they are perfect! They look every inch as stylish as wellies can possibly look and I'm so pleased I discovered them for so cheap. 
Apologies to those of you that larger feet.. 5 is the biggest size I'm afraid but for the rest... 
you could bag yourself a serious post Christmas bargain.

Miss BB

8 comments:

  1. That was such a good deal! As a size 7 this isn't great for me but will have to let my size 4 mum know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I remember buying kids sizes in trainers cos they were cheaper years ago but I just totally forgot about it til I saw these

      Delete
  2. im a size 3 / 4 but have never thought about getting childrens shoes before... must consider it in the future :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I considered this when I bought my Hunters but I didn't want anyone spotting the reflective strip on the back and noticing I was wearing kiddies ones.. I shopped around and got mine (Navy ones) for about £44 in the end. It was a hunt though, tracking down the sites and their discount codes! The Hut and Zavvi (Same ppl) have Hunters in from time to time, Amazon shift their prices a fair bit too.

    I did buy the Hunter socks and tbh, when theyre on you have no idea I have the actual Hunter boots on underneath, they cover up the buckles on the side too.. So if you did fancy another colour you could always just get the Hunter socks and a cheapy pair of wellies (theyd be for winter only though I guess, unless you like wearing thick socks in Summer!). There are more styles now too.. furry ones, cable knit ones..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! Thanks so much :) I'm a size 3 and never even considered the fact that children's Hunters may be cheaper but of course they are. I've been after Hunters for years but 75 quid for wellies is absolutely ludicrous! So pleased with your amazing find. Definitely going to check these out online! Thank you :)

    http://boscy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...