Tuesday 13 December 2011

Philip Kingsley - Elastic Fantastic?


I was so excited to receive the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer in my November Glossybox. There was a lot of buzz about this wonder treatment at the time and judging by the reviews it seemed to be a firm blogger favourite. My hair is damaged and dry and very much in need of a cut.. let me take you back to February of this year.. this was my hair...


It was dry, needed a trim, I'd cut myself a terrible fringe and I was searching for super conditioning hair-growing potion to make it long and lustrous...
Then in a moment of madness (of which I've had many) I decided I wanted to be platinum blonde)




I didn't quit achieve platinum but to get to this stage (in 24 hours I might add) I used ALL of the below...


For the first time in my many years of f**king about with my hair something I thought would never happen..did. As I was washing out the final dye my hair started coming awake on my hands. It had turned to chewing gum. It's one of those things you never think will happen to you.. you hear about it happening to other people but think it's totally fine to bleach your hair 4 times in a night and then continue to dye and tone it and it will be healthy as ever. Not so. I had a hair appointment booked, I knew I was going to need a trim at the end of my colouring adventure but I had no idea how big a trim. I couldn't face the hair dressers so I ended up chopping it myself. It turned out okay but quickly lost it's shine and went brassy so I was forced to return to the dark side. I was then left with this...


A super unflattering cut in a very similar shade to what I'd been prior to bleaching only now my hair was so damaged I thought it would never grow. Luckily I'd just found out I was pregnant. Pregnancy was very good for my hair. It grew fast and I didn't touch the bleach again until the day before I went in to hospital to have my son.. And then I enlisted professional help and only had highlights.


I'm still yet to take the plunge and get it cut though and those ends have really had it at this point. I was over the moon when I heard this Elasticizer stuff could leave me with virgin-like hair again. People were saying they had white blonde uber-dead hair and it brought it back. Why then did this amazing tube of miracle pomade do NOTHING for ME? I am both disappointed and perplexed. My hair is bad but surely not the worst. I have just invested in a whole host of healthy hair related goodies (which I'll post on later) I have enough makeup and right now my hair needs some special attention so you can expect more hair product reviews in the next few weeks. I was so hoping to love this Philip Kingsley treatment and was fully prepared to go out and buy a full sized full (£££) priced tub but it it left my hair feeling no better than before. For those totally out of the loop it's a pre-shampoo treatment that you leave on for 30 mins (I left it at least an hour) before washing and conditioning as normal. 

If you love this stuff please feel free to comment as I think that as with skin care what works for one doesn't work for all but I do think with something as pricey as this you want to try a sample first because it's not a guaranteed-to-work product!

God Bless Glossybox for giving me a sample because this is just the kind of "miracle product" I would have bought in desperation to avoid the hairdresser for just another month.

You can buy Philip Kingsley Elasticizer here for £25.50

Miss BB



6 comments:

  1. I've always been blonde, and then I went and decided to dye it black/brown for a year using hair dye from Boots. My hair has never been in worse condition!!

    Went back to blonde at the hairdressers and never looked back

    - Allie x


    Allie UK Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had got this in my Glossy box... It sounds like such a miracle product but it's a shame it didn't work for you :( I've really wanted to ombre my hair for ages now but I keep putting it off because I don't want to do damage to my ends!

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  3. Durrrrr!! Ive been using this product as a treatment after I shampooed and conditioned!! No wonder it hasnt worked at all! Must remember to read the intructions!!!

    A great hair product (treatment) is Sebastian Penetraitt.... take it from a a bleach blonde (ex) straw hair head! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I've done similar things to my hair in the past and ended up cutting it and starting again. Like you I wanted to grow my hair and quickly so I started using Moroccan oil products, they are pricey at around £15 per bottle but they work so well and 18 months down the line I have long strong healthy hair and no matter which hairdresser I go to they remark on how good condition my hair is. It's worth mentioning that I use the shampoo, conditioner and the hair oil at each wash. I did receive a hair treatment from them which I have used but not often. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  5. VO5 Miracle Concentrate saved my hair, I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really informative.Thanks for sharing such a way.Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...