Wednesday 3 August 2011

Beauty from the Inside Out

Recently I've been more interested in health than ever as I'm pregnant and healthy living is so heavily promoted at all of my appointments. I have always known that what you put in your body affects your outer appearance but how I've never been big on fruit and veg so I never saw the point of really looking in to it.
Right now my hormones have changed my tastes quite a bit and I am enjoying foods I never have in the past so this seems as good a time as any to try something new.
I am a big fan of blogger and youtuber belledujournyc who is a huge advocate for the iced green tea detox trend. I do like hot green tea and have tried many versions in the past so this seemed like a good place to start. Filled with good intentions I ran out this morning to Starbucks to pick up a cup of the iced variety only to find they don't sell it. I don't know if it's just my local branch that doesn't serve it or if it's just an American thing but either way I resorted to making my own. If you want to see how I made it you can find my blog post on that here
It was a refreshing alternative to regular tea on a hot day like today but I needed to add sugar which I never do to hot tea so it's perhaps not the healthier choice for me. I will be trying it again with my Green Tea with Lemon tea bags in the hope it will be tastier but for now I'm back to mugs rather than glasses and bottles of iced water to keep me cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...