Sunday 6 March 2011

Caramel Calling...

I am writing this post with Scott Cornwalls Colour B4 in my hair and hoping it will lift my colour enough to work towards a lovely caramel switch for spring/summer.
I have always wanted to do this properly but every time I have tried it it has ended up flat and boring looking... I think maybe once I have my base colour this time I may take the plunge and actually make a visit to the salon. Big money though and I really loathe spending £££ on stuff like that. I know many will disagree with me but I figure I've made enough mistakes to have learned a thing or too surely...

So this is what I'm looking at right now, a light-medium brown with caramel highlights and possibly chocolatey lowlights.. what will actually turn out is another thing altogether.

So what colour are you guys turning as the weather warms?


7 comments:

  1. I love the look of caramel hair, it's such a flattering colour for most people (just not me) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hairspiration. Jennifer Aniston has always given me hair envy. I've spend way too much on hair dye at the salon, I’m growing mine out and 'trying' to embrace my natural colour. lol.

    ifitwasatag.blogspot.com

    Helen

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love colour b4! Its amazing.
    I had exactly the same idea as you.
    A few months back I used colour b4 to remove my red and then dyed my hair a dark champagne blonde.
    But it was so dull, flat and boring.
    Totally not what I had in mind,
    so yday I got a head of highlights and it looks fabulous now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking to go a bit lighter as the weather warms...after going in and out of many salons (a number were pretty damn rude) I finally managed to find one that wasn't too horrific in price for hi-lights.

    This is what I'm aiming for :

    http://www.taaz.com/beauty/images/stories/audrina_patridge_hair.jpg

    A lovely mix of caramel blondes and some lighter browns but hopefully still keeping in some of my darker browns!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the pure excitement i had when i saw this post...I've resently had my hair stripped professionaly and my hair is a bright red colour and i wanted to go blonde...my hair now is a reddy brown? do you think using the colour b4 will help or be too damaging on my poor hair haha.
    let me know how it worked for you? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be so beautiful on you! I can't wait to see the pictures :). I have light medium brown grown out roots and more auburn version growing out below it, so I'm thinking of doing some blond highlights maybe? Hmm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in the process of doing the same for Spring/Summer. I always love the way it looks on JLO. I will attempt to do it myself again in a couple of weeks. I think it is going to be a lot of upkeep!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...